Saturday, August 2, 2014

Whole30: Day 1 Meals




I'm going to do a little celebration dance, because Eric and I successfully finished day one of the Whole30!! Woohoo!!! It may not seem like a big victory for some, but for us, it's huge! Every single day matters, and deserves a pat on the back!


So, what did we eat today? Here it is!

Breakfast


Breakfast was simple and easy. Two scrambled eggs with strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. It was delicious and kept us quite full until....

Lunch



Lunch was pretty simple as well. Turkey rolls with avocado and a bit of mustard in the middle (couldn't really get a good picture of that!) and some cherry tomatoes.

A couple hours after lunch we had Ants on a Log for a snack, with almond butter instead of peanut butter. Don't mind how messy they look...I had never used almond butter before and had no idea it was so liquidy! Yes..I know that's not a real word. Oh well!

That brought us to...

Dinner


Dinner was absolutely delicious!
Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon (I used the method found here for cooking it, but subbed salt and pepper for lemon pepper. SO easy!!)
Steamed Veggies (used my trusty Ziplock Steamer Bags for that!) cooked in ghee (clarified butter) with salt and pepper
And a baked potato (cooked in the microwave, because who really has time to wait 40 minutes for baked potatoes!?) also topped with some ghee and salt and pepper! Thank goodness the rules for Whole30 were recently changed to allow for white potatoes (but no fries or potato chips, obviously!) I LOVE me some potatoes!!! mmmmmMMmmm good!

After dinner Eric and I got a sweet tooth, so we snacked on some frozen mixed berries (not pictured) and my hunger monster took over again before bed so I had a Larabar. I didn't need it, but it's my bad habits shining through. I'm definitely going to skip on eating before bed from now on!

So that's day one! Make sure you subscribe for more Whole30 meal ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment