Monday, October 7, 2013

Five Must-Have Makeup Products for Mom (or anyone who wears makeup!)



Let me start by saying I'm not what you would call a "glamorous" person, but I do like to feel pretty. My dear husband would tell me that I am always pretty no matter what. He's a smart man! However, I know that I feel prettiest when I've got a little bit of makeup on. I don't have to wear a ton, and I don't have to wear it everyday. I love the natural features that God has given me. But it just puts a little more oomph in my step. Ya know what I mean?

After I had my daughter, I did not feel very pretty. I just had a baby! The world didn't expect me to be pretty! But I didn't feel like myself, and when you are trying to learn how to live a whole new life that revolves around someone else  entirely, it's important to try and tap back into who you once were in order to avoid losing your whole self. 

For me, the simplest thing I could do was try to get myself back to feeling pretty with the very little time and effort I could afford. I wasn't about to sit there every day for 15-20 minutes and do my hair and makeup. No new mom has time for that! Unless your name is Kim Kardashian. But then you have someone to do that for you. ANYWAYS! I needed to find products that were quick and easy to use, and that stayed put all day so that I wasn't fussing with my makeup half way through the day. 

These are the products I think every woman, but especially every mom should have in her arsenal!



1. A good long wearing/natural looking base. For me and my normal/dry skin it is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation! It is my holy grail! I only wear a thin layer of this stuff and it doesn't move all day! I also love it because I don't have to wear a powder over it, so it's just one quick step and my skin is perfected. If you don't like foundation, a BB cream or tinted moisturizer are both good options! Some days I skip this step and other days it's the only step I do. It all depends on my skin and the time crunch. 


2. A good under-eye concealer! It's no big secret that moms are tired. I'm going on almost 10 months of constant sleep deprivation! *yawn* But with this Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer, my dark tired under-eye circles are gone! Once again, I don't even need to top this with a powder for normal every day wear. Quick and easy! 


3. A nude colored eye liner for your water line. If your eyes are looking red, this is the key to getting them back to looking bright and awake! I use the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliner in Nude just on my lower water line and it makes a huge difference. HUGE! And it stays on pretty well for a decent portion of the day. Yesterday I went shopping with my mom, and I applied this at 9am and it was still on when I got home and 6pm. GOOD stuff! I really like their black and brown eyeliners too because they don't smudge, but the nude color is one that I MUST have! 

4. Don't have time to do eye shadow? Me either. Don't like to do eye shadow? Me either. Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eye Studio is your new best friend. I use Barely Branded for every day, and Bad to the Bronze if I want to up the ante a bit for a date or girls night out. Just apply this with your finger, and 15 seconds later you'll look like you actually put a whole lot of effort into doing your eye shadow. If you are ambitious, you can top this with powder shadows to create a glamorous look, but for me, just this is enough to satisfy!  Complete with your favorite eyeliner and mascara (or not!) and you're good to go. 



5. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick. This stuff is UH-MAY-ZING! It is my absolute favorite lip product of all time. The color pictured here is Sweet Watermelon, which is a very universally flattering pink. Sometimes, as a mom, I feel like I'm walking around looking and feeling like a zombie, and this adds the perfect pop of color to my face so I don't feel so....dead, for a lack of a better word! If you are familiar with EmilyNoel83 on YouTube, she described this as the "sweatpants of lip products" because it is so easy to apply and comfortable on your lips. She was absolutely right! The one category this doesn't fit into is long lasting, as with any lip product really. But it is so easy to reapply, I don't even need to use a mirror, so I love it! 


Now if you're a blush person, just add a dab to your cheeks, and you're all set for the day! 



What are your favorite must-have makeup products in your routine? I would love to hear about them in the comments! Thank you so much for reading!















1 comment:

  1. I love my Revlon color stay whipped, it is definitely a must have as a mom. If I don't have the time to put on to much make-up I just throw on some of that, a little blush, eyeliner, and mascara and I am good to go! Love Love Love... only thing is with mine my lid broke for some reason :( but it's almost time to go pick up some more so I will live. Btw I love your blog, I will definitely be coming back to check it out! I just started a blog, I'm almost a little confused at times but trying to get the hang of it, and don't have to much to it yet but love checking out everyone's blog to get better ideas as to what I am doing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete